Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lunch for Isi

Here are a couple of lunches I've put together for Isi.
This was his lunch Tuesday:
I tried the spinach pie recipe from Katsbentolove.blogspot.com. It was supper good see the recipe here.
I did make a couple of changes; my frozen crust wasn't gluten free and I added two tablespoons of jarred green pesto! It is a delicious pie that my whole family happily munched on for two days! Delicious hot or cold it's definitely going to be a picnic staple! Along with a big slice of Spinach pie he had:
  • Salad greens
  • Sliced cucumbers
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Carrot sticks
  • A  Babybel Cheese
  • Blue Cheese Salad Dressing in the green container.

He had about the same today!
In this spinach pie lunch the only things different were:
  • Lovely Red, Orange, and Yellow Bell Pepper Slices
  • A container of delicious pine nuts for snacking or sprinkled on the salad greens
  • Caesar Dressing in the container with parsley

This is a lunch from last week.
Not all that healthy but delicious anyways! Lol
  • Liver pate spread sandwich on Wheat bread
  • Deli Pickles
  • Cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper slices
  • Lays Hot BBQ Chips! A Daddy treasure shipped from America! Thanks Mommy!^.^
These lunches have been linked to Bentolunch.net's  What's for Lunch Wednesday! Week 95

18 comments:

  1. Your hubby is SO lucky! The lunches looks yummy and I love the small cute pail in the bento box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lunches look super delicious! I'm going to have to give that spinach pie a try :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do it was so easy and everybody including the little ones were saying mmmm mmm! Keeper!

      Delete
  3. The man's bento looks so good! I'm hungry now, it's 11 at nite over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Funny that's usually me drooling in the wee hours after your lunch!! ^.^

      Delete
  4. YAY! I'm glad you tried the Spinach Pie Recipe. The added pesto sounds really good. :) I love the bright colors and fresh produce in your bentos, it makes everything pop and look so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat!! ^.^ Thank you for the recipe it was easy and a hit with the family!!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh, these bentos just vibrate with color and vitality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenn, now if I can master beautiful photography like you, this place will really look like something!^.^

      Delete
  6. Beautiful lunches! You have one lucky husband that gets such wonderful lunches! Love the pail of pine nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mamabelly! Lunch is usually our biggest meal of the day...so that's why a little more work than normal!

      Delete
  7. These lunches are beautiful and look so delicious. I wish I could pluck a berry and some spinach pie out of the first one. I will have to try the spinach pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bentos lunches are beautiful! I know my husband would love the first one...actually my family would love any of them. I have not made spinach pie...I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those top two are just beautiful and look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lunches. I can't wait untill my children are old enough so I can send them off with lunches!

    BTW Black woman here married to a swede (and living in Sweden) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fresh and pretty! I can't believe that I hadn't commented on this yet! ^^

    ReplyDelete