Friday, January 20, 2012

Daddy's falafel bento


This is Daddy's lunch for today. It's meatless Friday with a Middle Eastern flair! He got oven baked falafels...store bought yes, I started to make my own , but just didn't have the energy (lame, I know because they're really easy to make!) With the falafels he had a cucumber, garlic and Greek yogurt sauce. It's served in a silicone muffin cup and garnished with spring onion.

In his large box he has lots of salad, with  lemon dressed avocado, bell peppers, red onion, grated sweet carrots, and his usual little sprinkle of tasty fried onions. In a rectangular plastic box he had a spicy cous-cous salad with onion, bell pepper, and parsley garnish. Two pita breads round out lunch!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so wonderful and tasty. It acutally looks like a restaurant dish straight off the menu from the mideast restaurants I have visited. Outstanding job! Any chance of overnighting any to the Last Frontier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Lorraine...believe it or not I've always wanted to visit your neck of the woods...what is it with me and far cold places...huh!!??

      Delete